Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 1 Sunday August 8, 2010


Left Birmingham at 0530 driving to Greensboro, NC for the 71st Supreme Growl and advancement to the degree of Pedigree Devil Dog!  Had a great drive with one stop for gas.  The truck ran great!  For those in the know I had to replace the fan clutch on Friday the 6th and was scared that I would have to take a plane or miss the convention.  God is Great!!!

Arrived at the hotel at 1500, checked in (I got a first floor room, no elevators for this Devil Dog!) went to my room, dropped my gear and headed to registration.  I was at the 69th Supreme Growl in Orlando and lines there were unreal.  I had to wait 30 minutes to register, (don't forget your old annual memberhip card with your detachment name on it or they get alittle off task!) and had a great individual that pushed by on through!

After the intial registration it was to the Dog House and register with the Kennel.  Now this reminded me of bootcamp!  Sign youget forms and get in that line and wait, wait, wait!  But it was a great time getting to meet all those necessary to get an organization like ours throught this process.

Note:  If I hear Roll Tide! from another marine when I tell them I'm from Alabama I'll go ape *****!  If I heard it once I heard it thirty times!

Meet the Kennel Historian and he happened to be an 01 like I was.  Told me some great stories and had my picture taken with him.  I had prepaid for the photo cd of the convention and apparently was one of the few that did and he remembered me!

Assigned to Platoon 5 with a great group of marines and will have more to tell tomorrow.  Until then...

Semper Fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment